The Account Support Specialist Intern will work with both the Public Relations and Digital Marketing teams to assist in media research, media pitch building, data collection, social media implementation, and email marketing.
Throughout their time with Darby Communications, the Account Support Specialist Intern will gather valuable skills in both public relations and digital marketing while learning how to use pivotal industry tools such as LexisNexis, Google Analytics, Google Data Studios, Sprout Social, and MailChimp.
The Account Support Specialist should exhibit the following skillset or qualities:
- Desire to work as a team player within a very dynamic and rapidly evolving environment.
- Experience with the Gmail Suite of apps.
- Some proficiency in MailChimp (or other newsletter platforms.)
- Strategic, well-organized thinker who is competent in developing a campaign and handling all elements from start to finish.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Action-oriented with the ability to work quickly and thoroughly.
- A self-motivated person who can meet deadlines.
- Creative thinker who isn’t afraid to introduce compelling, fresh ideas and think outside of the box.
- Impeccable communication, writing, and editing skills a must.
- Detail-oriented and organized in all tasks.
- Innate desire for industry knowledge and professional growth.
The Account Support Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Research editorial & promotional opportunities for Darby brands
- Create editorial lists for product/story pitching
- Track PR coverage for Darby’s brands
- Monitor social accounts using Sprout Social
- Collect social data on each account
- Assist with social posting
- Assist with paid social data collection
- Assist in newsletter population and editing
- Collect newsletter data for brand campaigns
- Assist with bi-weekly/monthly client reporting
Throughout the Internship the Account Support Specialist Intern will seek to:
- Learn the ins and outs of earned media planning based on editorial lead times and calendars
- Learn the research and pitching process for product and brand story pitching
- Establish a baseline knowledge of how Darby Comm measures earned media success
- Feel comfortable with measuring KPIs for different earned media and digital marketing channels
- Develop a more thorough understanding of how PR & Digital Marketing work synergistically
Timing and Expectations
- 8 Weeks
- 4 days/week
- 200 hours
- Ability to work in an office environment
The Account Support Specialist will be compensated at the rate of $11/hour.
If interested, please send cover letter with resume to Suzanne Hermann at email@example.com.