We’re looking for an outstanding PR and Digital Marketing Account Coordinator to join our fun-loving, hard-working team of communicators!
Our team takes a fresh approach to PR and digital marketing. We combine original ideas with good old elbow grease to deliver extraordinary campaigns and events. Never a one-person show, we incorporate teamwork into every aspect of our media relations and social strategy.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a full time account coordinator to work with our amazing team of PR professionals! The Account Coordinator position will work closely alongside Account Executives and is responsible for assisting with the implementation of customized PR and digital marketing campaigns that meet and exceed our clients’ goals. This is an entry-level position with rapid growth opportunity. Position to start ASAP.
Considered candidates MUST possess strong organizational and time management skills. Public relations and digital marketing are constantly evolving and the ability to adapt to change is a necessity. This is a close-knit, creative team so high, positive energy is a MUST!
The PR and Digital Marketing Account Coordinator position is a full-time salaried position. Candidate must live in the Asheville area or be willing to relocate.
Salary range is $35,000 – $39,000 based on experience and qualifications and includes health insurance, paid time off for vacation and holidays, sick days, volunteer and service work, and a matching retirement fund benefit after two years.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- 1 year of PR and digital marketing experience
- Knowledge of active and mountain lifestyle industries
- Impeccable verbal and written communication
- Detail-oriented and organized in all tasks
- Strategic, well-organized thinker – competent in developing a campaign and handling all elements from start to finish. Must have the capability to multi-task.
- Action-oriented – ability to work quickly and thoroughly, is self-motivated, and can meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and clients.
- Willingness to travel to trade shows, sales meetings, and media events
- Knowledge of social media channel management – including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite/Google Drive Suite (Word/Docs, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel/Sheets)
- Familiarity with CMS – WordPress, Blogger, etc.
- Experience with Hootsuite or Sprout Social
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, Klaviyo, or other email marketing platforms
- An in-depth understanding of client(s) voice, products, vision, and goals
- Staying abreast of industry trends within the PR and digital marketing fields
- Create and execute social media content at designated times
- Assist with boosting and optimizing social media content against defined budgets and monitoring using analytical tools
- Work with account executives to monitor clients’ social media accounts and aid in making improvements as necessary
- Implementation of collaborative social media giveaways with brand partners for clients social media accounts
- Researching editorial and promotional opportunities
- Supporting media relations: become proficient in using media database to build and manage pitch lists, create creative and well-written pitches to journalists, build relationships, and secure coverage
- Deliverables in the form of editorial placement and exposure across a variety of outlets.
- Develop and write PR materials such as press releases, blogs, social media content and reports
- Assist account executive in data entry for PR updates and reporting for clients
- Represent Darby Communications in a professional manner that mirrors our mission statement and core values
- Coordinate event planning logistics: vendor management, project management, managing timelines
It is essential that considered candidates possess strong organizational and time management skills. Public relations and digital marketing are a constantly evolving profession and the ability to adapt to change is a necessity.
This job description is an overview and not intended as a complete list of responsibilities, skills, duties, or working conditions associated with the job. Darby Communications is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
If you’re interested in working with our team, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.