Darby Communications is a team of fun-loving, hard-working communicators that brings an approachable approach to PR and digital marketing in Asheville, NC. We combine original ideas with good old elbow grease to deliver extraordinary campaigns and events. Never a one-person show, we incorporate teamwork into every aspect of our media relations and social strategy.
Our team is growing and we are looking for a part-time account executive who would like to grow with us! An account executive serves as the primary liaison with the client and is responsible for creating and implementing customized PR and digital marketing campaigns that meet and exceed our clients’ goals.
Considered candidates MUST possess strong organizational and time management skills. Public relations and digital marketing are constantly evolving and the ability to adapt to change is a necessity. This is a close-knit, creative team so high, positive energy is a MUST!
The account executive position will start as a part-time hourly position with the potential to grow into full-time quickly. The candidate must live in the Asheville area or be willing to relocate.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of PR or marketing experience.
- Strategic, well-organized thinker who is competent in developing a campaign and handling all elements from start to finish. Must have the capability to multi-task.
- Action-oriented with the ability to work quickly and thoroughly. A self-motivated person who can meet deadlines.
- Creative thinker who isn’t afraid to introduce compelling, fresh ideas and think outside of the box – a big picture visionary.
- Impeccable communication, writing, and editing skills a must.
- Detail-oriented and organized in all tasks.
- An innate desire for industry knowledge and professional growth.
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and clients.
- Willingness to travel to trade shows, sales meetings, and media events.
- Knowledge of social media channel management – including Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite/Google Drive Suite (Word/Docs, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel/Sheets).
- Familiarity with CMS – WordPress, Blogger, etc.
- Experience with Hootsuite or Sprout Social.
- Familiarity with Mailchimp or other email marketing platforms.
- Being able to work at a computer for 75%-80% of the workday.
Responsibilities will include:
- An in-depth understanding of client(s) voice, products, vision, and goals.
- Directly interacting with client(s) to develop, implement, manage, and provide analytics and feedback on creative PR and promotional campaigns.
- Working closely with Darby Communications’ media relations and digital teams to ensure accurate brand messaging and voice.
- Constantly researching editorial and promotional opportunities.
- Producing deliverables in the form of editorial placement and exposure across a variety of outlets.
- Providing timely, detailed reports for client(s) in Google Data Studio.
- Building and sustaining a contact database and industry relationships.
- Staying abreast of industry trends within the PR and digital media fields.
- Representing Darby Communications in a professional manner that mirrors our mission statement and core values.
It is essential that considered candidates possess strong organizational and time management skills. Public relations is a constantly evolving profession and the ability to adapt to change is a necessity.
This job description is an overview and not intended as a complete list of responsibilities, skills, duties, or working conditions associated with the job. Darby Communications is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Angie Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org.